Monday, August 4, 2008

Mission Accomplished!


I am finally done with this one. I have never really done much embroidery or anything resembling it. So as you can imagine there was a bit of a learning curve to be had. Towards the end of it I was really happy with the consistency in my stitching.

The texture was what I was really concentrating on here. The wool all by itself has such a lush texture to it but the silk, cheesecloth and netting really added to it.

I really treated this like a painting.
So I suppose the wool and silk ground is the canvas and gesso, the machine stitching and variety of materials added is the underpainting and the hand stitching finishes it up.

On my next piece I want to experiment with kool-aid dying techniques and image transfer. I've got to start scrounging around at the thrift stores and garage sales for old thread. I'm getting low!

No comments: